Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Transportation & Lodging Options
by ampmlimo, on Jan 30, 2020 8:26:31 PM
Also known as the “Champagne Powder Capital of Canada™”, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort provides one of the most exhilarating skiing experiences to be found anywhere in BC. Located just under 300 km west of Calgary International Airport in the picturesque town of Golden, Kicking Horse is the ultimate playground for winter enthusiasts.
Transportation to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Visitors from around the world fly to Calgary Airport for travel to their Alberta ski vacations. For this reason, ground transportation is hired for the 3+-hour drive to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.
Private chauffeured transportation is highly recommended because it provides the safest and most comfortable travel experience from Calgary Airport to Kicking Horse. While ‘cheap’ standard shuttles may be available, they run on limited schedules. Therefore, passengers are often stuck waiting for a ride. Additionally, regular shuttles are shared rides. In other words, you’ll likely be riding with strangers. For this reason, you can also expect delays and frequent stops for others who are boarding and disembarking the vehicle.
With a private car, SUV, or mini-bus shuttle service, you’ll travel in luxury & privacy with no extra stops. Additionally, you can expect a more well-maintained, immaculate vehicle than those offered with traditional airport shuttles or car rentals.
The most important reason for hiring private hired transportation is that you can ride with greater confidence. This is because you know your driver will be experienced and background-checked for a clean safety record.
Harsh winter conditions during the trip to Kicking Horse often cause road closures or hazards such as black ice or fallen objects. For this reason, your driver should be someone who knows the area's roadways well. Furthermore, your driver should be specially trained to safely navigate harsh weather conditions.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Accommodations
There are multiple lodging locations available at Kicking Horse, and the resort offers ski-and-stay packages to make vacation planning simple and more affordable. This is something you will need to look into if you are planning for more than just a full day at Kicking Horse.
Here are just a few of the resort’s available accommodations:
- The Glacier Mountaineer Lodge
- The Palliser Ski-In/Ski-Out Lodge
- Copper Horse Lodge
- Vagabond at Kicking Horse
- The Winston Lodge
For a full list of all lodging options, visit the Kicking Horse Lodging Page
In addition to luxurious sleeping quarters, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort also offers many other attractive features and amenities such as:
- Stunning Rocky Mountain views
- 2,700 acres and 4,000+ vertical feet of skiing adventure, including ridges, bowls, chutes, glades & groomers
- Ski / snowboarding lessons & rentals
- Cost-saving deals & packages
- Incredible dining experiences
Prices for transportation between Calgary Airport & Kicking Horse
Rates vary from one transportation provider to another. AM PM’s fees fall into the standard price range for service from Calgary Airport to Fernie Alpine Resort:
How to Book Ground Transportation from Calgary Airport to Kicking Horse Mountain Ski Resort
AM PM Limo provides expert chauffeurs and secure luxury transportation for travelers in Calgary and throughout Alberta. Our mission is to ensure that you reach your destination safely, on time, and in complete comfort.
Here’s what you get with AM PM when you reserve your ride from Calgary Airport to Kicking Horse:
- Luxury transportation to Kicking Horse Mountain Ski Resort
- We can accommodate large groups & ski equipment
- We’ll wait and meet you when the flight arrives if delayed by weather-related issues
- We may accommodate short-notice bookings as needed
- Airport meet & greet is provided for domestic or international arrivals
- We can handle late arrivals & early departures on your schedule. (Most car rental companies close after midnight. After that, you may be stuck waiting overnight for a car rental.)
- Flexible reservation updates in times of inclement weather
- Experienced drivers with an exceptional safety record
If you have additional questions or would like to book your ride from Calgary International Airport to Kicking Horse, call the expert reservation specialists at AM PM, any time of day or night: 403.475.5555.
We look forward to helping make yours the most pleasurable ski vacation imaginable!