Is it Easy to Drive in Calgary?
If you’re not familiar with this region, that’s an important question to ask; and the answer is that yes, it can be fairly easy to drive in Calgary, IF…
- you are experienced at driving mountain roads, AND…
- the weather is agreeable.
Note that #2 above is critical, because the area is notorious for unpredictable weather during colder months. It’s not just a matter of determining how long winter lasts in Calgary; typical 5-month winter seasons are often longer than usual. Therefore all those months bring with them the potential for unexpected, harsh climate conditions.
Some of the many hazards you may expect to encounter during winter months include:
- Slippery black ice
- Road Closures
- Blocked throughways
- Erratic Drivers
- Vehicle breakdowns
If you can’t put a check next to BOTH items #2 and #1 above, driving in Calgary during winter months is strongly discouraged. Doing so compromises the safety of you and your passengers, as well as other drivers out there on the roads.
It is recommended that you hire a professional transportation service for winter travel in Calgary. This may seem excessive to some readers unless you’ve traversed these roadways in winter. You’d know in an instant why we say this is by far the safest way to go.
Why Not Just Hire a Standard Shuttle if I Don’t Drive in Calgary?
At first, this may seem a good option, since it’s a ‘cheap’ way to get around. Keep in mind that with this type of service, you can never be sure what kind of driver you’ll get. Are they experienced? Are they fully trained? Has a background-check been performed for this driver?
Lastly, shuttle vehicles are not always fully up-to-date with service maintenance or cleanliness; as well as the restrictive, fixed schedule shuttles provide, and the idea of sharing rides with perfect strangers.
Here’s Why You Should Hire Professional Chauffeured Transportation:
- Truly professional transportation companies are committed to your travel experience, so that customer expectations are always exceeded.
- Professional chauffeurs are extensively background-checked; as well as specially trained for driving in even the harshest of weather conditions. This ensures the safety and security for their passengers. Additionally, they are very familiar with local roads and weather patterns.
- Transportation companies invest a lot of time and money to ensure their fleet of vehicles is completely maintained for mechanical and aesthetic excellence. This ensures that you’re less likely to experience breakdowns, or imperfect vehicle interiors.
- Private transportation is faster and more convenient, because you don’t have to adhere to a fixed schedule; your ride arrives when you need it. They won’t be making stops for anyone but you and any passengers you bring along for the ride.
- Reputable and reliable transportation companies typically have glowing reviews listed on Google and Facebook. Take a moment to have a look at what others say about any company you might be considering; their comments will often tell you all you need to know for your transportation needs.
When you consider all the factors above, it’s clear that it’s not always easy to drive in Calgary. It’s much safer NOT to take chances. Choose to rely on the experts when it comes to getting from here to there on dangerous roadways.
Let AM PM Make the Drive to Calgary Easy & Safe for You
At AM PM Limo, we are a family-owned business that has provided safe, secure and luxurious transportation since 2010. We meet all the important criteria for ensuring that our valued passengers are well accommodated.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to make your reservation simple, fast and affordable. If you want to know how much it costs to rent professional chauffeured transportation in Calgary, start by requesting an easy, no-obligation price quote online.
When you’re ready to reserve your ride, give us a call any time of day or night at 1.403.475.5555. Our courteous, LIVE reservation specialists are standing by to assist with booking your ride, and answering any questions you may have.