Nakiska Ski Resort – Planning Your Family Ski Vacation in Alberta
Dreaming of a family ski vacation in the gorgeous Canadian Rockies? If you’re anxious to hop off the plane and onto the slopes, Nakiska Ski Resort is the place to go. This wildly popular destination is the closest mountain to Calgary, so visitors flying into Calgary International Airport (YYC) have only a 115km drive to get there. That’s less than 1 ½ hours of shaking off the jet leg before hitting the snow!
And speaking of SNOW… Nakiska guarantees a winter wonderland, no matter what the weather brings. The resort’s state-of-the-art snowmaking system is capable of producing 1 to 2 feet of snow per hour, depending on the current temperature and time of year.
Fun fact: Nakiska Ski Resort was host to freestyle moguls skiing and 10 alpine events for the 1988 Winter Olympics!
When you’re bringing the whole family along for your ski trip, you’ll need something for everyone, children and adults alike. Nakiska’s got it covered – this resort has it all…
- Skiing and snowboarding for all experience levels
- Najibska park Ski Cross Course
- Wanidu Tube Park
- Snowshoe Tours
- Scenic ski lift
- Private/group lessons for kids & adults, including the “Mini Ski Monsters” program for children 3-4 years of age
- Packages for large groups & corporate / school functions
- Multiple nearby lodging options
- Close driving distance to Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise
Want a sneak preview? Nakiska’s mountain cams let you take in the scenery long before you take your trip.
Getting to Nakiska from Calgary International Airport (YYC)
Private chauffeured transportation service is recommended for your drive from Calgary to Nakiska Ski Resort. Harsh winter weather and icy roads in the region frequently cause navigational hazards that are best handled by an experienced professional driver who knows the area’s roadways and has been specially trained for driving in perilous conditions.
When it comes to ensuring safety, security and comfort for yourself and your travel companions, it’s worth a few extra bucks to hire an expert private transportation provider, rather than entrusting the well-being of your party to ‘cheap’ (and unpredictable) public shuttle options.
Professional Transportation to Nakiska Ski Resort
At AM PM Limo, we provide expert driving professionals and a fleet of top-of-the-line vehicles that are well-maintained, immaculate and luxuriously comfortable. Our family business is dedicated to providing safe, reliable transportation to Nakiska and other must-visit destinations throughout Alberta.
Here’s just part of what makes us the transportation service of choice for Alberta travelers:
- World-class professional transportation
- Unparalleled customer service
- Extensive fleet of late-model vehicles for any sized group + ski equipment
- We will wait and meet you if your flight is delayed
- Short-notice bookings are available
- Courtesy airport meet & greet for domestic or international arrivals
- Accommodation for late arrivals & early departures
- Flexible reservations to account for harsh weather
- Expert drivers with spot-free safety records
Prices for transportation to Nakiska Ski Resort from Calgary International Airport (YYC):
How to Book Transportation to Nakiska
Our courteous and responsive reservation specialists are happy to answer any questions you may have, at any time of day or night. To reserve transportation for your long-awaited family ski vacation, call 403.475.5555 and we’ll handle all the details for your ride!
BANFF PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS OFFERS THE BEAUTY OF BANFF FROM BEHIND THE LENS