Skiing in Banff – Spend a Day or More at Sunshine Village Ski Resort
Just 1.5 hours’ drive from YYC Calgary Airport to Banff, the strikingly beautiful town of Banff attracts winter enthusiasts from all over the world. Visitors to this town in the Canadian Rockies are treated to an extraordinary combination of breathtaking scenery, exciting outdoor sports venues, scintillating nightlife, fine dining and fun activities for people of all ages.
One of the most popular reasons for visiting Banff is the unparalleled resort skiing available to tourists and residents alike. And one of the most popular ski destinations in Banff is the Sunshine Village Ski Resort. This luxurious location has terrain to suit any level of skier from novice to expert, and lessons for those who wish to learn or improve their skiing skills.
Here are some of the many amenities to be enjoyed at Sunshine Village:
- Extraordinary sightseeing & guided tours
- Three ski mountains of varying topography
- Skiing & snowboarding lessons
- Convenient equipment rentals
- Ski-and-stay rental package deals
- Ski lift with stunning views of 3500+ acres of mountain terrain
- Multiple eateries and dining options
- The Sunshine Mountain Lodge, (the ONLY ski-in/ski-out boutique hotel in Banff)
Traveling from Calgary to Banff – What You Need to Know
There are many modes of transportation for those traveling to Banff from YYC Calgary Airport, but private car, limo or mini-bus shuttle service is the most ideal for those who want the safest and most convenient means of travel.
Because driving for your own party or catching a shuttle have significant caveats that can mean the different between a delightful luxury vacation and a trip rife with frustration. For example:
1. Whether you’re a year-round resident or visiting from a distant location, the driving conditions in Calgary and Banff can be extremely hazardous. Severe weather can befall the region with very little notice, making navigation perilous for even those drivers who have traversed winter roadways before.
Hiring an experienced chauffeur who has been specially trained to navigate icy roads and blistering winter storms, and who is very familiar with the routes between Calgary and Banff, will bring the peace of mind of knowing that you and your companions will travel in safety and comfort.
2. Shuttle service is an available option for travel ‘on the cheap’, but what is saved in dollars is paid with time and inconvenience instead. Shuttles run on a fixed schedule, available only at certain times of day, so riders must conform to their schedule.
Furthermore, shuttles are shared with other passengers, (i.e. complete strangers,) and make frequent stops along the route to pick up and drop off other riders. This can be an uncomfortable experience for many travelers, and the delays caused by this type of service are eating away time that could be spent on the slopes.
Private chauffeured service is a far more desirable option, particularly if you’re traveling with a large group of companions. This type of transportation ensures that your group travels in privacy, with direct, non-stop service from Point A to Point B.
Transportation from YYC Calgary Airport to Banff
At AM PM Limo, we have provided expert drivers and safe transportation for hundreds of travelers throughout Alberta since 2010. Our professional chauffeurs are highly trained for navigating the region’s roadways, in every type of harsh weather. We are dedicated to ensuring your security, comfort and convenience at all times.
We invite you to rely on our world-class transportation services to safely carry you and your entire party to and from Calgary Airport and Banff. Here’s what you can expect when you hire AM PM for your travel needs:
- Luxury transportation to Sunshine Village Lodge & Ski Resort
- We can accommodate large groups & ski equipment
- We will wait and meet you when flight arrives if delayed by weather-related issues
- We will accommodate short-notice bookings as needed
- We provide an airport meet & greet for domestic or international arrivals
- We can handle late arrivals & early departures on your schedule, (most car rental companies close after midnight, so in case of late arrival you may be stuck waiting overnight for car rental.)
- Flexible reservation updates in times of inclement weather
- Experienced drivers with exceptional safety record
Pricing for Transportation to and from YYC Calgary Airport & Banff
Rates vary based on the vehicle. All listed prices are one-way from Calgary Airport to Banff, and vice-versa:
Our reservation specialists are standing by 24/7 to answer any questions you may have, or to assist with your reservation. Simply call us at 403.475.5555 and we will ensure the perfect transportation from Calgary Airport to Banff for your ultimate ski vacation!