Skiing in Banff – Spend a Day or More at Sunshine Village Ski Resort
Banff is just 1.5 hours’ drive from YYC Calgary Airport. This strikingly beautiful town attracts winter enthusiasts from all over the world. Visitors to this town in the Canadian Rockies are treated to an extraordinary combination of breathtaking scenery. Additionally, there are exciting sports, scintillating nightlife, fine dining and fun activities for all ages.
Banff is popular because of the unparalleled resort skiing available to tourists and residents alike. One of the most popular ski destinations in Banff is the Sunshine Village Ski Resort. This luxurious location has terrain to suit any level of skier from novice to expert. Not to mention lessons for those who wish to learn or improve their skiing skills.
Here are some of the many amenities to be enjoyed at Sunshine Village:
- Extraordinary sightseeing & guided tours
- Three ski mountains of varying topography
- Skiing & snowboarding lessons
- Convenient equipment rentals
- Ski-and-stay rental package deals
- Ski lift with stunning views of 3500+ acres of mountain terrain
- Multiple eateries and dining options
- The Sunshine Mountain Lodge, (the ONLY ski-in/ski-out boutique hotel in Banff)
Traveling from Calgary to Banff – What You Need to Know
There are many modes of transportation for those traveling to Banff from YYC Calgary Airport. However, private car, limo or mini-bus shuttle service is the most ideal. This is because it’s the safest and most convenient means of travel.
Because driving for your own party or catching a shuttle have significant caveats that can mean the different between a delightful luxury vacation and a trip rife with frustration. For example:
1. Whether you’re a year-round resident or just visiting, the driving conditions in Calgary and Banff can be hazardous. This is due to Severe weather that befalls the region with very little notice. As a result, navigation can be perilous for even those drivers who have traversed winter roadways before.
Hiring an experienced chauffeur who has been specially trained to navigate icy roads and blistering winter storms. Furthermore, it should be someone one who is very familiar with the routes between Calgary and Banff. Then, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’ll be traveling in safety and comfort.
2. Shuttle service is an available option for travel ‘on the cheap’. However, what is saved in dollars is paid with time and inconvenience instead. This is because shuttles run on a fixed schedule. In other words, they’re available only at certain times of day, so riders must conform to their schedule.
Furthermore, shuttles are shared with other passengers, (i.e. complete strangers,) and make frequent stops along the route to pick up and drop off other riders. This can be an uncomfortable experience for many travelers. Not to mention that resulting delays ‘eat away’ at time that could be spent on the slopes.
Private chauffeured service is a far more desirable option, especially if you’re traveling in a large group. This type of transportation ensures that your group travels in privacy. At the same time, you get direct, non-stop service from Point A to B.
Transportation from YYC Calgary Airport to Banff
At AM PM Limo, we’ve provided expert drivers and safe transportation for hundreds of Alberta travelers since 2010. Our professional chauffeurs are highly trained for navigating the region’s roadways. This is true in every type of harsh weather. We are dedicated to ensuring your security, comfort and convenience at all times.
We invite you to rely on our world-class transportation services. We will carry your entire party safely to and from Calgary Airport and Banff. Here’s what you can expect when you hire AM PM for your travel needs:
- Luxury transportation to Sunshine Village Lodge & Ski Resort
- We can accommodate large groups & ski equipment
- We’ll wait and meet you when flight arrives if delayed by weather-related issues
- Short-notice bookings will be accommodated as needed
- We provide an airport meet & greet for domestic or international arrivals
- Late arrivals & early departures are handled on your schedule, (most car rental companies close after midnight, so in case of late arrival you may be stuck waiting overnight for car rental.)
- Flexible reservation updates in times of inclement weather
- Experienced drivers with exceptional safety record
Pricing for Transportation to and from YYC Calgary Airport & Banff
Rates vary based on the vehicle. All listed prices are one-way from Calgary Airport to Banff, and vice-versa:
Our reservation specialists are standing by 24/7 to assist with your reservation. Simply call us at 403.475.5555. We’ll ensure the perfect transportation from Calgary Airport to Banff. Get ready for your ultimate ski vacation!