The Cheapest way to get from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay
If you’re headed to Banff National Park for an exhilarating ski vacation, there are many modes of transportation available for the trip from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay. But while some options are cheaper than others, bear in mind that when taking this trip in what are often harsh winter months, safety and dependability are equally as important as price, (if not more so.)
Mount Norquay is located roughly 150 km, (or just under 2-hours’ drive,) west of Calgary International Airport (YYC), and the terrain can present rough driving conditions, even for those familiar with traversing the region.
Taking a traditional ‘cheap’ shuttle or renting a car and driving yourself are not recommended options, for the following important reasons:
- Severe weather in the region can make navigation perilous for even seasoned drivers who have familiarity with harsh winter climates. Shuttle services often have a high turn-over rate, and don’t always guarantee spot-free safety records for their drivers, so you never know whether you’re in capable hands when using such a service. Driving one’s own party is also not advised, as inclement weather can make the trip especially perilous for those unfamiliar with these roadways.
- Shuttles run on a fixed schedule and are available only at certain times of day, so those who wish to take a shuttle will often be left waiting until their ride is scheduled to arrive.
- Shuttles are shared rides, which means your party will likely be seated with strangers, and frequent stops for those boarding and disembarking the vehicle may cause unwanted delays in reaching your destination.
Given the above considerations, it is highly recommended that those traveling from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay instead hire a private transportation service. Even though the cost may be slightly higher, this is widely considered the optimal choice to ensure safe, convenient transportation for you and your passengers. Here’s why:
- Private transportation services are dedicated to providing a secure and reliable travel experience for their passengers; their business depends on it. These companies invest a lot of time and money to properly maintain their fleet of vehicles for safety, comfort and cleanliness.
- Private services provide experienced chauffeurs who are thoroughly background-checked and specially trained to navigate icy roads and other obstacles in harsh winter conditions. They are intimately familiar with the routes between Calgary and Banff, having traveled to and from these locations consistently for hundreds of ski enthusiasts. This means that your group is in the safest hands possible, regardless of the current weather.
- Private sedan, SUV, party bus or mini-bus shuttle services operate according to YOUR schedule. Your ride arrives and departs when you request it, and the vehicle rental is never shared with strangers, so no additional stops are made unless you request them.
When it comes to dependable, safe and on-demand transportation from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay, the price is only as good as the service… the ‘cheapest’ is hardly worth the savings if it means compromising security and reliability to save a few bucks.
How much does it cost to rent transportation from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay?
AM PM Limo is a family-owned transportation service who has been serving Alberta travelers since 2010. While private sedan, SUV, party bus or mini-bus shuttle prices from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay may vary from one service provider to another, our pricing represents area standards for such rentals:
Planning your visit to Mount Norquay
For your convenience, here’s some useful information about Mount Norquay Ski Resort in Banff National Park:
- Mount Norquay Mountain & Ski Resort is one of three major ski resorts located in Banff National Park, just minutes northwestward from the world-renowned town of Banff, and 30 minutes from Canmore.
- The regular ski season starts early December and ends mid-April.
- Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoe hiking for winter adventure-seekers of all ages and abilities.
- Skiing lessons are provided by resident experts.
- The chairlift ride provides unmatched views of the stunning Canadian Rockies wilderness.
- Slope-side activities and events make ski vacations here extra-festive.
- Enjoy premium lodging at the North American or Cascade Lodges, and delicious dining at Lone Pine or the Cliff House Bistro.
- Click here to learn more about Mount Norquay and planning your visit.
How to book transportation from Calgary Airport to Mount Norquay Ski Resort
AM PM provides first-class yet affordable transportation between Calgary and Mount Norquay, as well as other destinations throughout Alberta.
Here’s what’s included when you hire a luxury sedan, SUV, party bus or mini-bus shuttle from AM PM:
- Safe, reliable transportation to and from Mount Norquay Ski Resort
- Accommodation for any sized group + ski equipment
- We will wait and meet you if your flight is delayed due to bad weather
- Short-notice bookings are available as needed
- Courtesy airport meet & greet for domestic or international arrivals
- We will accommodate late arrivals & early departures according to your flight schedule
- Reservations are flexible to account for inclement weather
- Experienced professional drivers with impeccable safety records
Our courteous and knowledgeable reservation specialists are happy to answer any questions you may have, at any time of day or night. We invite you to call us 24/7 with any questions you may have, or to book your private transportation from Calgary to Mount Norquay: 403.475.5555
We look forward to being of service to you!