What’s the Best Way to Get from Calgary Airport to Fernie?
If you’re flying in for your ultimate ski vacation in B.C., the best way to get from Calgary Airport to Fernie Alpine Ski Resort is to hire professional ground transportation services.
Private transportation service is recommended for several reasons, including:
- Traditional shuttle services are scarce for this route, running only on a fixed schedule for a limited number of days & times, and months of the year. Furthermore, this type of service seldom guarantees comfort, availability or highly trained professional drivers.
- The journey can be arduous, so driving your own party is ill-advised. Even the most seasoned drivers may find it perilous to navigate area roadways, (particularly in Crowsnest Pass,) due to black ice and other extreme weather hazards, and more so if the driver is not familiar with this specific route. Hiring a professional transportation service ensures that you and your party are secure in the hands of an expert chauffeur who has knowledge of the region and specialized training to handle safety hazards.
- The trip from Calgary Airport to Fernie Alpine Resort requires a 3.5-hour ride, (306 km distance), so you’ll want a clean, comfortable and roomy private vehicle for your trip. With standard shuttle services, not only will you have to ride with strangers, but you’re never guaranteed to have enough space for your party + ski equipment, and many of these vehicles are poorly maintained for cleanliness or service record.
How much does it cost for transportation from Calgary Airport to Fernie?
Prices may vary between service providers, but here’s a listing of fees that represent the standard range for transportation from Calgary Airport to Fernie Alpine Resort, based on rates offered by AM PM Limo:
What to do when you get to Fernie
In case you haven’t seen the brochures, here’s a sneak preview of what visitors will discover at Fernie Alpine Ski Resort:
- 2500+ acres of skiable Rocky Mountain terrain
- 142 named ski runs / 5 alpine bowls
- Up to 37 feet of snow per season
- State-of-the-art snowmaking & grooming equipment
- Weekly Winter Activities
- Snowshoeing, Fat Biking & Cross Country
- Snow School lessons for all ages & skill levels
- Performance Academy Adult camps taught by Level 2 & 3 pros
- Ski & Stay packages & deals
- Ski / Snowboard rentals
Take a look at Fernie Alpine Resort’s mountain cam for real-time area features and conditions.
The Best Way to Get from Calgary Airport to Fernie
AM PM provides first-class luxury transportation services for travel to multiple destinations throughout Alberta, including Fernie, the picturesque “hidden gem” of B.C.
Here’s what you can expect when you hire AM PM for professional private transportation services:
- First-rate transportation to and from Fernie Alpine Ski Resort
- Accommodation for any sized group + ski equipment
- We will wait and meet you if your flight is delayed due to bad weather
- Short-notice bookings are available
- Courtesy airport meet & greet for domestic or international arrivals
- We will accommodate late arrivals & early departures according to your flight schedule
- Reservations are flexible to account for inclement weather
- Experienced professional drivers with spot-free safety records
Our reservation specialists are happy to answer any questions you may have, at any time of day or night. To make an inquiry or reserve your ride from Calgary Airport to Fernie, call 403.475.5555 and we’ll get you started on planning for your ultimate ski vacation!